Sunday, June 11, 2017

Cinque Terre has some stuff to say

So I will let it speak for itself [editor's note: this hike was split between two days].


On trail from Levanto to Monterosso - view north of Levanto


On the trail - berries and the Mediterranean sea

Stone wall, trees, path and light

After a hot and heart-pounding climb, this

Looking down toward Monterosso al Mare

Flowers in Monterosso

More of these on the Cinque Terre trail than I have ever seen in my life :) 

From Monterosso to Vernazza

Vernazza

Vernazza seaside

Vernazza to Corniglia - tree and sea

Corniglia in the distance

Corniglia beneath my feet

Back on the path, between Corniglia and Manarola

View from the trail - so many colors

Another trail view - stone, earth, life and light

Vineyards, and in the distance, Manarola

Viewing the vineyards toward the north

Manarola

Manarola, up close

Looking down at Riomaggiore

Hills to the east of Riomaggiore (again, the colors!)


6 comments:

  1. The pictures are so amazing, you should consider photography as a serious hobby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Colleen! I have rediscovered on this trip how much I enjoy taking a well-framed photo. :) It is a fun challenge, trying to capture what I am focusing my attention on, in still format, for someone else to appreciate.

      Delete
  2. I agree with CP above. Actually, just go work for Nat Geo yo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was only in Cinque Terre for one day, but my heart and soul will never forget it. I am so glad that you were able to make it there on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to hear that you were able to experience that place, too! :) Indeed, it leaves an indelible impression.

      Delete