Friday, May 19, 2017

From Los Estados Unidos a Copenhagen a Madrid, in brief

Rapid impressions:

  • Holy cow, I am on a plane to Europe!
  • Spending most of 2 traveling days awake with only broken sleep is not very pleasant but surprisingly doable, even at 40
  • The Copenhagen Airport is really impressive, even to zombie eyes. So fancy!
  • I loved when the airport information clerk smiled when I asked her how to pronounce “tak.”
  • So many blond people!
  • I am in Madrid!


  • I am on a subway in Madrid! Everything is exciting with exclamation points!
  • I am standing on a street speaking in broken Spanish to people in Madrid!
  • I am a bit terrified because it’s almost midnight and I am having trouble connecting with my hosts. There are a few moments where my imagination is in overdrive, imagining they don’t exist...
  • My eternal thanks to the friendly servers and bartender who helped this gringo contact my hosts at midnight when my phone was almost dead. Muchas gracias, gente maravillosa!

No comments:

Post a Comment